Post office Guide
NOBODY KNOWS IT BETTER
Nobody knows mail better than the post office! Why not take advantage of that knowledge when you create your next mailing piece? The USPS offers a great deal of advice and a number of tools to help businesses create successful and economical mailing pieces. Visit this link for more information:
YOUR PERSONAL ANALYST
Mail piece Design Analysts (MDAs) are postal employees specially trained to answer your questions regarding mail piece design. These employees provide advice and issue rulings regarding acceptability for automated rates. MDAs provide technical assistance on mail piece design to envelope manufacturers, printers, advertising agencies, and graphic designers.
Use this handy link to locate the MDA responsible for your ZIP Code area. Mail piece Design Analysts are available for:
- Testing paper and actual mail piece samples for acceptable thickness, background color, flexibility, rigidity, and barcode print tolerances.
- Assigning unique ZIP+4 codes for Business Reply Mail® (BRM) mail pieces.
- Providing camera-ready artwork for the proper facing identification marks (FIM) and barcodes for BRM and courtesy reply mail (CRM).
- Reviewing artwork prior to printing.
- Reviewing and approving vendor-prepared “privately printed” forms for USPS extra services.
- Analyzing optical character reader (OCR) readability and automation compatibility of prospective or actual mail pieces.